Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Learn Microsoft’s new free Image Formats (.wim) and Virtual Hard Disk (.vhd) that can replace imaging tools like Ghost and Drive Image
- Create a custom (add drivers and packages) bootable Windows Pre-Installation Environment (WinPE) 3.0
- Create and apply .wim and .vhd images using ImageX and DiskPart
- Customize and manage your images using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
- Understand Setup.exe and it’s configuration passes
- Create custom answer files using Windows System Image Manager (WSIM)
- Learn what information is gathered and how to customize it using User State Migration Tool (USMT) 4.0 (including using hard links and the ramifications of hard links)
- Enterprise clients will need to understand what Volume Activation is and how to configure a Key Management Service server (KMS) for your environment including DNS configuration and KMS service locator records.
Once you have the WAIK tools under your belt your ready to take it up a notch with MDT 2010 Update 1. MDT is a flexible, stable and user friendly toolkit that can help you easily create, manage and deploy images. MDT 2010 update 1 provides wizards that walk you through almost every single aspect of deployment. But there are a few advanced features that really put the icing on the cake – they’ll make your deployments consistent and easily repeatable.